Grape, Marsala & Fig Compote
Sweet, boozy and herbaceous, this simple wine-soaked compote is a perfect accompaniment to a melty brie or a sharp Parm.
photo credit: James Tse
- 6 cups coronation grapes
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 2 cups dried figs finely minced
- 1/4 cup rosemary finely minced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch each Salt and pepper
- Place grapes in a saucepan over medium heat. Mash with a potato masher until they release their juices. Add wine, figs, rosemary and maple syrup.
- Bring to a simmer; allow compote to cook until compote is thick and figs and grapes are jammy and soft, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrients per serving: 118 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat) 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates (3 g fibre, 19 g sugars), 1 g protein
Originally Published in Best Health Canada