Tuscan Pork Kabobs with Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower
Elevate your summer BBQ with these healthy tuscan-style kabobs.
photo credit: Jodi Pudge
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 4servings || 25minutes|| 30 minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 4servings || 25minutes|
- Combine herbs, zest, garlic and 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in resealable plastic bag. Add pork cubes, seal bag and squeeze with hands to mix. Refrigerate for at least 1, or up to 12 hours.
- Toss zucchini and peppers with remaining oil. Thread onto soaked wooden skewers alternately with pork cubes. Season all over.
- Grill kabobs over medium-high heat (400ºF/200ºC), turning once, for about 10 minutes or until pork is cooked to medium (160ºF/71ºC).
- Toss with cooked quinoa and serve with kabobs.
Quinoa & Roasted Cauliflower
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, break half a head of cauliflower into florets.
- Place on foil-lined baking tray, toss witholive oil and ground cumin, paprika and salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Roast in 400ºF (200ºC) oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 483 calories, 45.3 g protein, 23.4 g fat, 25.5 g carbohydrate, 3.7 mg zinc, 3.3 mg iron,