Super-Comforting Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Aloe. Chia seeds. Two foods you wouldn’t necessarily think of as ingredients for breakfast or dessert. But, trust us, this healthy bowl is a real treat.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 2 tbsp chia seeds Pre-grind them in a coffee grinder if you have a weak blender or are using a food processor.
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp organic unsweetened apple sauce (or steamed apple purée as an alternative)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp aloe gel
- to taste honey
- Thoroughly blend all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours until set and thickened. Enjoy!
- Serve in a bowl and dress top with your favourite healthy foods, including granola and blueberries.
Originally Published in Best Health Canada