Spinach Guacamole Quesadillas
Antioxidant-rich spinach and creamy avocados create a hearty yet healthy filling for high fibre whole grain tortillas. Add some jalapeños for a little extra kick.
Recipe courtesy gosouthfresh.com
- 2 cups spinach chopped, lightly packed
- 2 tomatoes cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup chicken cooked, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- In food processor, combine spinach, tomatoes, lime juice, onion and jalapeno (if using). Pulse to combine. Add avocados and cilantro and blend until well combined (mixture will be slightly lumpy).
- Arrange tortillas on a clean surface. Spread about 1/4 cup (50ml) of the avocado mixture over half of each tortilla. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Fold each tortilla in half to cover filling.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Arrange 2 quesadillas in the skillet and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Serve warm with remaining guacamole.
Per serving: about 280 calories, 10 g protein, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium. %RDI: 2% calcium, 10% iron, 20% vitamin A, 35% vitamin C.