Sopa Azteca, Perfect For Clean Eaters
This spicy, broth-based Mexican soup is great for dinner parties because your guests can customize their soup right at the table.
photo credit: Jodie Pudge
- To a medium-sized pot, add chicken stock, cilantro stems, garlic halves, cumin and chipotle chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove cilantro stems and garlic. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put green onions, tomato, avocado, cilantro leaves, turkey breast and feta cheese in separate dishes, and place them on the table.
- Divide broth among four large soup bowls. Each person can add their desired assortment of the ingredients to their own soup bowl, stir and enjoy.
Per serving: 248 calories, 19 g protein, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 48 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium