Roasted-Cauliflower Spaghetti with Lemon
Cauliflower is a super-food; high intake is linked to lower cancer risk. Whip up this healthy pasta in 30 minutes or less to reap all its health benefits
photo credit: shutterstock
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 375 g whole-wheat or whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 4 tsp fresh parsley chopped, (swap for fresh basil, if desired)
- 3 tbsp light Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- a few pinches lemon zest finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450ûF. Put a pot of water on to boil for pasta.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic and oil. Toss to coat; spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, until tender and slightly charred, about 20 minutes.
- Meantime, boil pasta according to package directions. Reserving a mugful of the cooking water, drain pasta and return to pot. Add cauliflower mixture plus Parmesan, parsley, lemon juice and zest, and half the reserved pasta water. Toss to coat. For a thinner sauce, add more of the pasta water. Sprinkle with a little more cheese, if desired, and serve.
Per serving: 407 calories, 17 g protein, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 75 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 3 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium.