Roasted Apple Salad with Spicy Maple-Cider Vinaigrette
To boost the flavour, roast the apples and toss them with a sweet dressing.
Photo Credit: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||15min.||20min. + cooling|
|20min. + cooling|
- 4 medium Fuji, Gala or other firm apples quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 pitted dates quartered
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place apples in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast 20-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine salad greens and dates. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Divide mixture among eight plates. Top with goat cheese and roasted apples; sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition facts per 1 cup: 191 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fibre), 3g protein.