Corn and Red Bell Pepper Salad with Potatoes
This filling salad is easy to make using only a few ingredients. Mix it up a little and add a few ingredients of your own preference as well.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 8 small new potatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 corn cobs
- 2 slices bacon rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta marinated in oil and herbs
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes, until tender, then drain.
- Meanwhile, stand each corn cob upright on a chopping board. Cut down the sides with a sharp knife to remove the kernels. Place the kernels in a large frying pan with 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Drain well.
- Reheat the frying pan over high heat and cook the bacon and red pepper, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the corn.
- Place the potatoes on a platter and top with the corn mixture. Crumble the feta over the top, drizzle with some of the marinating oil and serve.
Variation: For a creamier topping, stir some canned creamed corn through the corn mixture. Add sliced spring onions, blanched baby spinach leaves or chopped fresh parsley. Top with sour cream and grated cheddar instead of feta.
Per serving: 230 calories, 13 g protein, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 g carbohydrate (3 g sugars), 6 g fibre, 376 sodium