Plum’ilicious Summer Drink
Tree-ripened Ontario plums offer a refreshing and aromatic summer aperitif. Add a splash of sparkling wine or gingerale for a touch of flair
Recipe provided by Ontario Tender Fruit Producers
- 1 lb ripe Ontario plums golden or blue, washed and pitted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1 cup crushed ice (or 2 cups [500 mL] cubed ice)
- splash Sparkling wine e.g. Champagne or Prosecco
- fresh mint sprigs garnish
- In a blender add plums, honey, mint, lemon juice and zest and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add ice and blend until slushy. Distribute evenly between two glasses, top with a splash of sparkling wine and a sprig of mint.
Per serving: About 88 cal, 1 g pro, 0 g total fat (0 g sat fat), 20 g carb, 2 g fibre, 0 mg chol, 0 mg sodium.