Savour the flavours of feta cheese, olives and herbs in this pizza primavera, and pour a glass of Sangiovese wine.
- 2 small zucchini cubed or sliced
- 1 small eggplant cubed or sliced
- small red or green pepper diced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- 12 black olives pitted and halved
- feta cheese crumbled, (optional)
- fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roast zucchini, eggplant, pepper and onion for 5 minutes on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, divide dough in half and roll out 2 rounds. Transfer to baking sheets (dusted with cornmeal or flour); drizzle dough with a little olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic.
- Cover with sliced tomatoes, divided evenly between each pizza, then add the roasted vegetables. Top with olives, feta cheese and some fresh herbs, if desired.
- Bake pizza primavera for about 10 minutes.
Per serving: 224 calories, 7.5 g protein, 7 g total fat (2.5 g saturated fat), 33 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 11 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium