This Roasted Broccoli Takes Like Comfort Food
Sure, it’s simple and healthy but, oh, is this recipe ever delicious.
Photo Credit: Taste of Home
- 2 small broccoli crowns (about 8 ounces each)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut broccoli crowns into quarters from top to bottom. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Place in a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Roast until crisp and tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic; roast 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese; roast until cheese is melted and stalks of broccoli are tender, 2-4 minutes more. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Nutrition facts per 2 broccoli pieces: 144 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fibre), 4g protein.