Ontario Nectarine Salad with Minted Chili Dressing
A variety of garden greens makes this salad interesting both in texture and colour. When mixed with fresh nectarines and finished with a zesty dressing, it comes alive and tickles the senses
Recipe provided by Ontario Tender Fruit Producers
photo credit: shutterstock
- 1 red chili finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Niagara Ice Wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mint freshly chopped
- 2 tbsp chives snipped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 head Boston bibb lettuce washed and dried
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and dried
- 1 head red leaf lettuce washed and dried
- 3 Ontario nectarines cut into wedges
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- handful fresh berries
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1 oz almonds
- In a small bowl combine ingredients and set aside.
- Tear lettuces into bite sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Add nectarines, onion, prosciutto, berries and almonds. Whisk dressing, pour over greens and toss lightly. Serve on cold salad plates.
Per serving: About 234 cal, 3 g pro, 19 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 16 g carb, 3 g fibre, 0 mg chol, 154 mg sodium.