Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
This classic dessert is so easy to bake!
photo credit: shutterstock
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 8servings || 15minutes || 50minutes |
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 8servings || 15minutes |
- Preheat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Unroll one pie crust and place in a 9 inch / 23 cm pie plate.
- Combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl; add apples, tossing gently; spoon into crust.
- Unroll remaining pie crust; roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Place over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden. Cover edges with foil to prevent excessive browning if necessary. Cool on wire rack one hour before serving.