Marshmallow and Strawberries Gratin
This decadent recipe also tastes great with raspberries and blueberries.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 cups strawberries
- 2 cups maple syrup Try 29 Fevrier Maple Syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 12 g gelatin (2 envelopes powdered gelatine)
- 4 tbsp grated coconut optional
- Place the strawberries in the gratin dish.
- Let gelatin swell in cold water, then reheat in the microwave for 10 sec.
- Bring the maple syrup to a boil until it reaches 130°C (266°F) on the thermometer.
- Beat the egg whites with electric mixer. Add the warmed gelatin and continue beating at low speed.
- When the maple syrup has reached the right temperature, increase mixer speed and gently pour maple syrup down the side of the bowl. Whisk until the egg whites have tripled in volume.
- Do not allow to cool completely because the mixture will tend to harden very quickly.
- Pour on strawberries (sprinkle with grated coconut, optional) and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F, bake, until the marshmallow is golden (about 10 minutes).
Per Serving, without grated coconut: 237 calories, 1.3 g protein, 0.2 g fat (0g saturated fat), 60.6 g carbs, 1.3 g fibre, 0.0 mg cholesterol, 69.9 mg sodium