High-Protein Avocado Smash Toast with Roasted Tomatoes
Start your day off right with this delicious high-protein breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil and spread out onto a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Add garlic to the cavities of the tomatoes, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and add salt and pepper.
- Lightly press tomatoes down to flatten. Roast until tomatoes soften and caramelize, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add beans, avocados, lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor; purée until smooth.
- Brush bread with olive oil and toast on a baking sheet in the oven until lightly golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble, divide Avocado Smash among toast, top each with roasted tomatoes and garnish with basil leaves and fleur de sel.
Per Serving (excluding toast): 317 calories, 6 g protein, 24 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 g carbs, 9 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium.