Fresh Peach Tart with Almonds and Honey
Juicy grilled peaches on a wisp of pastry – what a heavenly combination!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tbsp apricot jam (or currant jelly) melted
- 3 firm peaches quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry out to a ⅛- to ¼-inch (3 to 6 mm) thickness. Fit into a round 10- or 11-inch (25 to 28 cm) tart shell with a removable bottom and trim excess pastry.
- Prick bottom of pastry with a fork; line with a sheet of crumpled parchment paper and dry beans or pie weights.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly brown and slightly puffed. Remove parchment paper and weights and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Cool slightly on countertop and brush bottom and side of pastry with melted jam; set aside.
- Lightly oil grill to prevent sticking and preheat on high.
- Grill peach quarters quickly, until marked by grill but still firm. Cut peach quarters into slices and arrange over cooked pastry.
- Sprinkle almonds overtop, drizzle with honey and serve.
Per Serving: 266 calories, 6 g protein, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 g carbs, 3 g fibre, 15 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium