This Denver Omelette Salad Is Not Your Typical Breakfast
It has all the right elements: easy, healthy and fast.
Photo Credit: Taste of Home
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1-1/2 cups fully cooked ham chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange spinach and tomatoes on a platter; set aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ham, onion and green pepper; sauté until ham is heated through and vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Spoon over spinach and tomatoes.
- In same skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into a small cup, then gently slide into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low; season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare sunny-side up eggs, cover pan and cook until whites are completely set and yolks thicken but are not hard. Top salad with fried eggs.
Nutrition facts per 1 serving: 229 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 20g protein.