Chocolate-Coconut Weetabix Bars
Weetabix’s high fibre content makes it a healthy addition to any recipe, including baked goods.
A simple bowl of whole-grain Weetabix topped with fresh berries makes for a wholesome and tasty breakfast. Minimally-processed Weetabix cereal is made right here in Canada, with no genetically-modified ingredients or artificial preservatives.
Weetabix’s high fibre content makes it a healthy addition to any recipe, including baked goods. For an easy, no-fuss dessert, try these Chocolate-Coconut Weetabix Bars. These bars are great for parties or potlucks, or simply enjoyed as a guilt-free treat at any time.
Use a spatula to spread the chocolatey icing over the bars, then top with extra desiccated coconut or coloured sprinkles. Here’s a good tip for cleanly slicing bars: After baking and icing, cool the cake pan in the fridge, then allow it to come back to room temperature before cutting into squares.
Visit Weetabix.ca for more great recipes!
- 150 grams self-rising flour
- 85 grams desiccated coconut
- 140 grams soft brown sugar
- 3 Weetabix biscuits crushed
- 125 grams butter
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 30 grams butter or spread desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a shallow, rectangular cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, brown sugar and Weetabix.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the butter with a wooden spoon.
- Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cake pan is in the oven, make the icing: Stir chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Remove the cake pan from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before icing.
- Allow icing to set and cool before cutting into squares.