Chili Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
This Chili Shrimp Taco recipe brings the heat to dinner.
- 500 g medium shrimp raw, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp orange juice fresh
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded or very thinly sliced
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 small mango ripe, peeled and diced
- 1 plum tomato diced
- 1/2 poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp lime juice
- In a glass bowl, toss shrimp, orange juice, oil, chili powder, salt and coriander. Marinate for 10 minutes.
Mango Avocado Salsa
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mango, tomato, poblano pepper, onion, lime juice and salt. Gently stir in avocado.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lime juice and a pinch of salt, if desired.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Heat in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; cook shrimp, stirring often, until pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide shrimp, salsa and cabbage among tortillas. Serve with Lime Crema.
Per serving (each of 2 tacos): 388 calories, 29 g protein, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 g carbohydrates, 7 g fibre, 176 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium