Chicken Salad in Endive Boats
Endive is also labelled Belgian endive by some grocers. The smaller leaves on the inside are best for this recipe. Be sure to fill leaves just before serving, as they will brown.
photo credit: may visnyei
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast chopped in small cubes
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp 1% plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 8 endive leaves washed and dried
- In a medium bowl, fold together diced chicken breast, grapes, sliced almond, red onion, yogurt and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of chicken mixture into each of eight endive leaves. If you like, garnish each with a sprig of dill.
Per serving: 56 calories, 6 g protein, 2 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 3 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 15 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium
Originally Published in Best Health Canada