Whip up this cherry-melon breakfast drink for a quick morning smoothie or refreshing dessert.
photo credit: shutterstock
- 1 1/2 cups cantaloupe or watermelon cubed
- 1 cup pitted fresh or frozen dry-pack cherries (about 24), thawed
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- In a food processor or blender, combine the melon, cherries, yogurt, sugar, honey, and cloves. Whirl for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour cherry-melon breakfast drink into glasses, garnish with a sprig of mint, and serve immediately. If cherries or melons aren’t available, substitute your favourite fruit. Be creative!
Originally Published in Best Health Canada