Carrot Salad with Almond Dressing
Almond butter and lime juice add nutrition and tons of flavour to a simple carrot and red pepper salad.
Registered dietitian Matthew G. Kadey blogs at wellfedman.com
- 2 thick large carrots peeled
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sodium reduced tamari or regular soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Using a box grater, shred carrots and place in a large bowl. Add bell pepper, cilantro and raisins and mix.
- In a small bowl whisk together almond butter, lime juice, tamari, honey and pepper flakes.
- Add dressing to carrot mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.