Take Your Salad to the Next-Level With Roasted Winter Squash & Lentils
Make your salad a meal to remember with ingredients that will fuel you all afternoon long.
photo credit: Milk Calendar
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 cups butternut squash (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper each
- 1 tbsp canned lentils rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pistachios, hazelnuts or pecans toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds preferably unsalted
- 4 cups baby greens opt for your favourite
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 to 3 tbsp milk optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place squash on a large baking sheet. Stir salt and cayenne into melted butter. Drizzle over squash and stir until coated. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through.
- Prep dressing: Stir yogurt with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and salt. Thin with milk if needed, for a drizzling consistency.
- Place warm squash in a large bowl. Toss with lentils, pomegranate seeds, nuts, pumpkin seeds and then greens. Transfer half the salad to a medium-size platter.
- Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with remaining salad; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutrients per serving: 283 calories, 13 g fat , 34 g carbohydrates (9.2 g fibre), 411 mg sodium, 12 g protein