Berry and Yogurt Parfaits
Frozen fruit is a nutritious and delicious option at this time of year for these parfaits; there are plenty of berry options in the freezer section of grocery stores. As for granola, my favourite brand is Dorset Super Cranberry, Cherry and Almond.
Best Health magazine, November/December 2013; Images: Maya Visnyei
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat granola with dried fruit
- 2 cups mixed berries (e.g., raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 12 dried cherries (or substitute dried cranberries)
- 4 sprigs mint
- In each of four tall glasses or parfait dishes, layer 2 Tbsp (30 mL) yogurt, then 2 Tbsp granola and 1/4 cup (60 mL) berries. Repeat. Top each with 2 Tbsp cottage cheese, then 1 Tbsp (15 mL) granola, three cherries and a sprig of mint.
Per parfait: 237 calories, 10 g protein, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 46 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 4 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium.