Balsamic Beet Tartar Endive Leaves
Endive leaves are the perfect low-cal scooper for balsamic beet tartare.
- 1 lb Scrubbed beets
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp Fresh minced tarragon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Salt and pepper
- Cook 1lb scrubbed beets wrapped in foil and bake at 400°F until tender for about 1.5 hours.
- Peel and chop roughly before transferring to a food processor and pulsing until the beets reach a tartare-like consistency.
- Mix with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp fresh minced tarragon, the zest of 1 orange and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut off the bottom of the endive head and peel off each individual leaf, arranging them on a pretty plate. Fill with 1 tbsp beets, a small dollop of plain Greek yogurt (sweetened with honey, to taste) and some crushed pistachios.