Just Add Avocado to Elevate Egg Salad Sandwiches
The healthy fats in the avocado make this a much better option than the traditional mayo version.
Photo Credit: Taste of Home
- 1 medium avocado ripe, peeled and cubed
- 6 large hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 large slices sourdough bread halved and toasted
- In a large bowl, mash avocado to desired consistency. Gently stir in eggs, green onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread over toast. Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per 2 pieces: 367 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fibre), 18g protein.