Apple Puff Pancake
This amazing apple puff pancake can be ready for the oven in no time, and it only takes 20 minutes to bake. It makes a great dessert or brunch.
Bonnie Stern’s Friday Night Dinners
- 1/4 cup butter or vegetable oil
- 2 apples peeled and sliced (Use firm apples such as Fuji, Spy or Golden Delicious)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or soy milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar sifted
- Heat butter in a 9- or 10-inch (23 or 25 cm) heavy nonstick oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter to a food processor or blender, leaving remaining butter in skillet.
- Add apples, cinnamon and brown sugar to skillet and cook for 10 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, add eggs, granulated sugar, milk and flour to food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour over apples in hot skillet.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F (220°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and puffed.
- Shake pan to loosen apple puff pancake. Invert onto a serving platter and dust with icing sugar.