Amp Up Your Party Game By Making This Roasted Red Pepper Delicacy
It’s time to get out your can opener and make room for this Mediterranean-style appetizer.
Photo Credit: James Tse
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 jar (usually 300 or 370 mL) roasted red peppers drained
- 1 can (398 mL) hearts of palm drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted carefully in a dry skillet
- 1/4 crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp capers drained
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley chopped
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- splash balsamic or white wine vinegar
- Slice peppers and hearts of palm lengthwise and arrange on a serving tray. Sprinkle with pine nuts, feta, capers and parsley. Drizzle with oil and the smallest hint of vinegar, and serve with warm toasted baguette.
Nutrients per serving: 115 calories, 5 g protein, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 g carbohydrates (2 g fibre), 7 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium
Best Health tip: If you don't like hearts of palm, you can simply leave them out or substitute quartered jarred artichokes.