Gifts for looking great
Spoil the beauty geek on your list with one of these gifts that will get them looking great
Source: Best Health magazine, November/December 2013; Images: Daniel Harrison
These Zoola brass-plated elephant and giraffe ring holders are whimsical yet practical. A bunny and a cat (not shown) round out the menagerie; (each $8, Umbra). Thomas Sabo twisted rope ring ($124) and bow ring ($164) are both sterling silver plated with 18K rose gold. Stacking rings sparkle with clear glass stones (three shown of a set of six, $12, Aldo). Read on for more pretty gift ideas.
1. Sugar Stars Mini Lip Collection ($75, Fresh).
2. Jewel Sequin Pouch ($50 at Indigo).
3. ‘Vona’ Crystal Brooch ($140, Swarovski).
4. Perfumed Shower Gel in cocoa and raspberry ($5, 300 mL, Yves Rocher).
5. Silk Pillowcase and Sleep Mask Set ($100, Cilque at Hudson’s Bay).
6. Nocturnals Mini Gloss Kit in Coral ($39, M.A.C).
7. Ultra Rich Body Cream with Shea Butter from Burkina Faso ($28, 100 mL, L’Occitane en Provence).
8. Groovy-Kind-a-Love Makeup Kit ($43, Benefit).
9. Pink Cotton/Angora Blend Sweater ($110, Banana Republic).
10. Pomegranate Travel-Sized Body Lotion (20 mL) and hand cream (50 mL; $18 for set, Weleda).
11. Midnight Glow eyeshadow palette ($48, Make Up For Ever).
12. Full Service five-piece brush set ($32, Mark by Avon).
13. Portrait of a Perfect Lip and Cheek palettes ($19 each, Stila).
14. Silk Pyjama Shirt ($30) and Pants ($35; both Gap).
15. Trendy timepieces, from top to bottom: ‘Modern Originals Grande Classic’ with tortoise-print strap ($80, Timex); ‘Small Player’ in rose gold ($250, Nixon); ‘Black Hat’ in gold-toned stainless steel ($150, Swatch); ‘Multi-Function Stainless & Ceramic Bracelet’ ($198, Express); ‘Bulman’ set (includes five straps; $35, Aldo).
16. Le Vernis Nail Polish in Rouge Rubis ($27, Chanel).
17. Ice Cube Bracelet with Canadian Shield quartz crystal; a portion of the profits goes to Arctic environmental causes ($78, Arctic Ice Jewels).
18. Jewelled Necklace with 10K gold plating ($124, Banana Republic).
19. La Petite Robe Noir ‘So Crazy’ scented shimmer powder ($100, 17.5 g, Guerlain).
20. Studded Leather Clutch ($108, Michael Kors).
21. Sugar Cookie cologne ($15, 30 mL, Demeter).
22. Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion ($13) and fragrance mist ($14; both Bath & Body Works).
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our free weekly newsletters and get nutritious recipes, healthy weight-loss tips, easy ways to stay in shape and all the health news you need, delivered straight to your inbox.