Gifts for eating well
Need the perfect gift for the foodie or aspiring gourmet on your list? Spoil them with these gifts for the kitchen
Source: Best Health magazine, November/December 2013; Images: Daniel Harrison
This gorgeous Krups 1L Electronic Glass Tea Maker is both a kettle (choose from four water temperatures) and a teapot, with its removable steeping basket ($130 at major retailers). Loose-leaf tea shown: Sloane Tea in Celebration Medley ($22 at select boutiques). Read on for more great foodie gift ideas.
1. T-Fal OptiGrill has sensors to measure thickness and help grill to perfection ($250 ‘at Canadian Tire).
2. Ethical Bean Coffee in Classic Medium Roast ($12 at grocery stores).
3. Nudo Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil gives you the cool option of ‘adopting’ your own olive tree ($16, 500 mL, at nudoadopt.com).
4. Emile Henry Crème Brûlée Set helps you create a perfect dessert ($90 for set of six ramekins and torch; at Hudson’s Bay).
5. Bar-10-Der is a multipurpose kitchen and cocktail tool ($50 at Hudson’s Bay).
6. Love Child Organics is all-natural Canadian baby food (10 flavours; $2 each at grocery stores).
7. Cinnamon Bun Pull-Apart Cake Pan ($47) and Cinnamon Bun Mix ($18) make baking fun (both at Williams-Sonoma).
8. PC Cableknit Canisters keep your cooking ingredients within easy reach (small $4; large $9; at Loblaws).
9. Cuisipro Scoop Bowls have a flat side so you can easily scoop chopped ingredients from the cutting board ($10 for set of three; at kitchen stores).
10. Cake Boss Measuring Spoons have pretty handles ($7 for set at Canadian Tire).
11. Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutters come in five different poses (shown: Warrior II and Tree; ‘$9 each at yummiyogi.com).
12. iSpoon Kitchen Stylus is a spoon on one end and a stylus on the other; no more getting batter on your tablet screen ($7 at Umbra).
13. Pommies Dry Cider is made from Canadian heritage apples ($13 for case of four, available at select liquor stores).
14. How to Feed a Family Cookbook features 100+ recipes and was created by two Canadian journalists ($30).
15. Canadian Icon Coasters are wood and have cute quotes ($15 for set of four at Indigo).
16. Vosges Chocolate Bars in Black Salt Caramel and Cherry Rooibos ($11 each at Hudson’s Bay).
17. Denby Malmo Tabletop Collection are pretty in classic blue and white ($30’$179 ‘at Hudson’s Bay).
18. Expanda Expanding Trivet fits any size pot or pan ($15 at Umbra).
19. Rock Bottom Dice and Diamond Chills keep your drink cold without watering it down ($13 for set of seven, at Trudeau).
20. Sloane Tea in Mint Chocolate ($22 at select boutiques).
21. Kate Spade Uptown/Downtown Salt and Pepper Shakers are chic and cheerful ($30 at Hudson’s Bay).
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our free weekly newsletters and get nutritious recipes, healthy weight-loss tips, easy ways to stay in shape and all the health news you need, delivered straight to your inbox.