5 Easy Ways To Get Perfect Foundation Coverage
When it comes to perfect foundation coverage, application is key.
Choosing The Right Shade
1) Always test your foundation in natural daylight to get the most accurate match around the clock and in any environment.
2) “Wearing a foundation that is too pink, too grey or too orange can be instantly aging,” says Tilbury. “If it’s too light, it can make you look ill or washed out. To find the right shade for your skin tone, draw a line from your cheek to your neck with your chosen shade and then blend with a brush or your finger to blend the product seamlessly.”
Be Sure To Blend
3) Thorough blending is key to seamless results. Even if you prefer to apply with your fingers, use a pointed makeup sponge to smooth your jaw and hairline at the end to ensure a pro look.
Try: BeautyBlender Pro, $28 at sephora.ca
This is the sponge the pros swear by – it reaches every corner and leaves a flawless finish).
The Best Tools
4) “I often use my fingers to apply foundation and concealer for everyday use because the warmth of your hands helps blend them in,” says Tilbury, “but for more perfected, professional coverage for a special event, use a foundation brush.”
5) When tools are called for, match your tool to your skin’s texture, says Erik Soto, global makeup artist for Kat Von D. “If you have larger pores, use a sponge so that you can control coverage and work makeup into your pores,” he says. “Using a flat brush to pat on loose powder, especially under your eyes, allows you to set your makeup without looking cakey or dry.”
For powders, try: Kat Von D Lock-It Precision Powder Brush, $38 at sephora.ca
Designed to pick up just the right amount of powder, this brush lets you set your makeup without a muddy look.
For liquids, try: Quo Foundation Brush, $23 at Shopper’s Drug Mart.
This brush is perfect for liquids, this brush smooths makeup over your pores and allows you to build coverage